When we got up for the gym this morning, I didn’t really feel like doing my strength-training routine. I figured I would just zonk out on the elliptical but I already did an elliptical workout this week and I thought I might get bored on the elliptical this am.
Then I remembered that there is a spin bike on the main cardio floor at my gym and decided I would make my own spin class. I love spinning and I love making up my own routine. It’s such a good workout and you can alternate between sitting and standing, increase resistance and slow pace, or decrease resistance and spin, etc. I usually let my iPod guide my workout and spin to the music. Of course, this is something you can do on the elliptical or treadmill but for some reason I tend not to do that.
Here’s what I did this morning…
- Hilary Duff Wake Up (I usually skip this song when it comes on my shuffle but I figured it was a good first song this am. Good warm up beat and I was trying to wake up.)
- Rihanna Don’t Stop the Music
- David Guetta ft Rihanna Who’s that Chick? (This song gets me so pumped up. I also like to jump rope to the chorus of this song. Or I have. Twice.)
- Miley Cyrus Can’t Be Tamed (Something about this song makes me feel fierce and powerful. I mean clearly, this is my anthem.)
- Black-eyed Peas Just Can’t Get Enough
- Jay-Z Empire State of Mind
- Carrie Underwood Get Out of this Town
So tell me:
What do you do when you don’t feel like doing your planned workout? see above. I also tell myself “you can just go and zone out on the elliptical” but when I get to the gym and get my music on, I usually end getting a good sweat going.
My iPod shuffle needs an update. What songs are you rocking out to at the gym? One song not mentioned above that gets me pumped up is Maroon 5 Moves Like Jagger.