I’m sure my friends will find it hard to believe that I’ve never made a New Year’s resolution before. I’m a pretty goal oriented person and I’m all about making myself better so you’d think New Year’s resolutions would be right up my alley. But it’s true, I don’t think I’ve ever made a New Year’s resolution before.
For some reason I’m really excited for 2012. I think it’s going to be a really good year and I’m excited to see what opportunities it brings, and what I can accomplish this year. But I want to play a part in what the year holds and what my life will look like on January 1, 2013. Last weekend I used my Saturday morning to draft a letter to myself in which I described exactly what I want my life to be this time next year. I used the intentions I described in my letter to form my 2012 resolutions.
My 2012 Resolutions
- Contact each member of my family once per week
- Entertain once per month
- Two HH/lunch with girlfriends per month
- Contact two out of town friends per week
- Go shopping twice per month
- One item off blog to-do list per month
- Do something toward my future business once per month
- Stick to weekly/monthly cleaning schedule (more on that later)
- Put extra money to my lowest student loan each month
- One date night per month
- One item of love-to/mean-to list (a list of things that I’d love to do or have been meaning to do and just haven’t done yet)
There they are! I’m excited for these.
None of my resolutions are earth shattering, at least I don’t think so. But in meeting each of these resolutions I will be a little bit happier. And isn’t that what resolutions are all about?
I’d love to know:
Do you make New Year’s resolutions? What are your resolutions for 2012?
PS–I’ve created a spreadsheet to track my resolutions throughout the year:
Thanks to my friend Jen for that idea. I modeled my resolutions spreadsheet after hers.